NP-Live automatically updates the network topology map and access path information each time your configurations change or a network event occur. The main benefits are to:
- Save time by having NP-Live automatically retrieve and monitor your configuration files.
- Continuously monitor your firewall logs to build a complete picture of your organization network.
- Increase security by automatically verifying your network security policy and assuring its correct implementation.
- Gain understanding by visually reviewing network changes and understanding their impact.
- Reduce risks by receiving alerts when access path analysis or topology changes are detected.
- Save resources by automatically monitoring ports and services and by simplifying your NERC CIP compliance efforts.
NP-Live is available as a Virtual Appliance under the .OVA or .qcow2 formats. Please contact the support team at email@example.com to receive the latest download link. You can also evaluate NP-Live through our cloud service at https://portal.network-perception.com.
Setting up the network
Once downloaded, the Virtual Appliance will expect to receive networking information through DHCP. If you are using static IP addresses, please login to the NP-Live Virtual Appliance through your hypervisor and type the following commands by replacing values with your own settings:
ip addr add <IP-Address>/<Netmask> dev <Interface-name>
ip route add default via <GW-IP> dev <Interface-name>
The interface on VMware is usually ens33.
Then, to keep the network configuration persistent across reboots, edit the file
/etc/dhcpd.conf and add the following commands:
interface <Interface-name> static ip_address=<IP-Address>/<Netmask> static routers=<IP-Gateway> static domain_name_servers=<IP-DNS-server>
Configuring the authentication
Once the network has been configured, you should be able to connect to NP-Live using a Web browser to port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS). The first time you connect, NP-Live will display a Welcome screen to decide which authentication method to use:
- Portal: to use your Network Perception Portal credentials (requires Internet access)
- Local: to create a local administrator account
- LDAP/AD: to connect NP-Live to your Active Directory or LDAP authentication service
- Radius: to connect NP-Live to your Radius authentication service
Adding your license
Once the authentication has been configured, you will see the NP-Live home page on which you can explore the demo workspace, or create your own workspace. Before creating your workspace, please add your license key information through the License and Terms option in the user menu (top right corner of the home page). A license key can be generated or requested through the Portal website at https://portal.network-perception.com.
Creating your workspace
Once the license has been added, you can select New to create your first workspace and import your configuration files. Configuration files can be imported manually, or by adding a connector to a shared folder (SSH, SAMBA) or a tool API (Solarwinds NCM, HP Network Automation).
If you have any issue deploying NP-Live or importing your file, please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org